World Cities Summit 2014 and the City Falcon
Second day of the WCS and we have been demoing the City Falcon, an Unmanned Aerial Vehicles platform designed especially to operate in crowded urban environments.
Standard features include:
- Low RPM brushless motors
- All weather operational capability
- Fully autonomous flight and support for complex orchestrations
- Customization for multi radio frequencies
- Fire resistant design
- Long range flights (over 5 miles)
In addition to all of the above, the UAV also supports specialty custom payloads like environmental, chemical sensors, and multiple types of cameras.
Operational demonstrations included:
- Flight through high heat sources (Oil tank fire of over 450º F)
- Operating in high wind and high turbulence environments
- Evaluation of crowd formation and people flow
- Autonomous flights path and homing
- Stalking multiple targets of interest
- Patrolling and inspections of a chemical plant and hazardous substances
© Copyright 2014 Yaacov Apelbaum. All Rights Reserved.