Second day of the WCS and we have been demoing the City Falcon, an Unmanned Aerial Vehicles platform designed especially to operate in crowded urban environments.
Standard features include:
- Low RPM brushless motors
- All weather operational capability
- Fully autonomous flight and support for complex orchestrations
- Customization for multi radio frequencies
- Fire resistant design
- Long range video transmission (over 5 miles)
- Custom sensor payloads for CBRNE
- Integration with a cloud based reporting platform
In addition to all of the above, the sUAS also supports specialty custom payloads like environmental, chemical sensors, and multiple types of cameras.
Operational demonstrations included:
- Flight through high heat sources (Oil tank fire of over 450º F)
- Operating in high wind and high turbulence environments
- Evaluation of crowd formation and people flow
- Autonomous flights path and homing
- Stalking multiple targets of interest
- Patrolling and inspections of a chemical plant and hazardous substances
© Copyright 2014 Yaacov Apelbaum. All Rights Reserved.